The journey goes on via Brienzersee to Interlaken. After changing trains, guests continue the trip aboard the BLS regional express train, first along Thunersee and then through Simmental to Zweisimmen.
From there, passengers travel in style via Gstaad to Montreux at Lake Geneva. Aboard the GoldenPass Panoramic, the scenic view can be savoured through the overhight panoramic windows or even from a VIP seat. For railway nostalgia enthusiasts, the GoldenPass Classic is the perfect choice: this is a replica of the elegant Belle-Époque trains.
The spectacular railway adventure in three different trains can be embarked on from Western or Central Switzerland.
Distance: 191 km
Duration: 5h 08 min
- Cruises Lake Lucerne
- Jungfraujoch – top of Europe; breath-taking views from the Sphinx viewing terrace
- Schilthorn – James Bond’s favourite mountain
- Rochers-de-Naye – marmots from around the world and Mongolian yurts at 2000 m
- Chillon Castle – water castle with wall paintings, imposing vaults and parade halls
Food & Beverages
- Minibar services on part of the route (Zweisimmen–Montreux)
- In the GoldenPass Classic coaches an aperitif platter can be ordered
- Bistro carriage with warm and cold food in the middle of the train (Lucerne–Interlaken Ost)
- No catering between Interlaken Ost–Zweisimmen
TimetableSummer and winter timetable panoramic trains Timetable Lucerne-Interlaken Express and BLS Lötschberger
This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
for panoramic train recommended, surcharge: CHF 8
VIP seat: reservation required, surcharge CHF 15
go to reservations
that the GoldenPass Line offers two exclusive extras for privileged passengers between Montreux and Zweisimmen? One is the VIP front seats (limited number available) where you almost feel as if you're driving the train; the other is the option to travel by GoldenPass Classic train – in the 1930s style of the Orient Express.