The journey goes on via Lake Brienz to Interlaken. After changing trains, guests continue the trip aboard the BLS regional express train, first along Lake Thun and then through Simmental to Zweisimmen.
From there, passengers travel in style via Gstaad to Montreux at Lake Geneva. Aboard the MOB Panoramic, the scenic view can be savoured through the overhight panoramic windows or even from a VIP seat. For railway nostalgia enthusiasts, the GoldenPass Classic is the perfect choice: this is a replica of the elegant Belle-Époque trains.
The spectacular railway adventure in three different trains can be embarked on from Western or Central Switzerland.
Distance: 191 km
Duration: 5h 08 min
- Cruises on Lake Lucerne
- Jungfraujoch – top of Europe; breath-taking views from the Sphinx viewing terrace
- Schilthorn – James Bond’s favourite mountain
- Rochers-de-Naye – marmots from around the world and Mongolian yurts at 2000 m
- Chillon Castle – water castle with wall paintings, imposing vaults and parade halls
Food & Beverages
- Minibar services on part of the route (Zweisimmen–Montreux)
- In the GoldenPass Classic coaches an aperitif platter can be ordered
- Bistro carriage with warm and cold food in the middle of the train (Lucerne–Interlaken Ost)
- No catering between Interlaken Ost–Zweisimmen
TimetableSummer and winter timetable panoramic trains Timetable Luzern-Interlaken Express and BLS Lötschberger
that the GoldenPass Line offers two exclusive extras for privileged passengers between Montreux and Zweisimmen? One is the VIP front seats (limited number available) where you almost feel as if you're driving the train; the other is the option to travel by GoldenPass Classic train – in the 1930s style of the Orient Express.